Configure a Robot for Marketplace Probes
By default, marketplace probes are required to run in a restricted environment for security reasons. Marketplace probes must:
- Run on a passive robot. Passive robots do not send messages to the hub; messages are sent only at the hub’s request. Robots can be configured as passive during installation, or converted from active mode to passive mode.
- Be run by a specified non-root user. This is accomplished by executing a hub configuration callback.
The topics in this document explain how to configure a robot to create this restricted environment.
- To set up a passive robot, refer to one of these topics:
- Specify the Marketplace User provides instructions on running the callback to specify the non-root user that will run marketplace probes.
- Modifying Communication Settings for Passive Robots (optional) explains how to adjust robot-to-hub communication. By default, the parent hub requests messages from a passive robot every 15 seconds and allows up to 1000 messages per interval. These and other communication settings can be modified.
When robot configuration is complete, you can deploy marketplace probes to the robot.
Copyright © 2014 CA Technologies.
All rights reserved.