Before you configure this process, you must:
Automated Process Overview
Here is how the process works.
- The usage_metering probe scans your UIM environment to identify usage items within the managed environment.
- The billing probe collects usage item data from all the usage_metering instances in the environment, performs the calculations required to generate a billing report, and creates the report. Note that:
- The billing probe runs once a week and on the first day of the month at the configured time (default is 2:00 AM).
- The weekly report shows the progression of usage over the month. The monthly report shows total usage for the previous month.
- The reports contain customer information fetched from the webgtw configuration.
- All reports are saved in a local folder, stored in the UIM database, and delivered to CA.
- Immediately after it creates the report, the billing probe delivers the report as a payload for webgtw.
- Webgtw to transport to CA.
- If there are overages, the CA account representative contacts the customer to discuss them.
- CA issues an invoice.
Copyright © 2014 CA Technologies.
All rights reserved.