Getting Started Guide
CA Unified Infrastructure Management (UIM), one component of the Unified Management solution, provides management for systems, applications and networks. CA UIM is made up of these components:
- CA UIM Server (which includes the UIM Message Bus, primary Hub, and UIM database)
- Unified Management Portal (called UMP, provides flexible and extensible dashboard views into the managed environment, as well as certain administrative capabilities)
- Unified Reporter (provides advanced reporting capabilities)
- Infrastructure Manager (provides administrative and management control of the Nimsoft Infrastructure, as well as an alarm window to view alarms and messages)
- The UIM Infrastructure (includes Hubs, Robots, and Probes, which are distributed throughout the managed IT environment)
- The UIM Alarm and Service Level Management (SLM) solutions
- Root Cause Analysis and Topology Management
This document provides an orientation and overview of most of these components.
Copyright © 2014 CA Technologies.
All rights reserved.